The Conscience of a Hacker

"Damn kids. They're all alike..." "The Conscience of a Hacker", written by a hacker shortly after his arrest, talks about what goes on in the mind of a hacker. Honestly, if you had told me that hackers were just a bunch of losers behind computers before I read this essay, I probably would've believed you. After reading this, I realize that hackers are arguably some of the smartest people on this planet. Why? Because they take advantage of technology. They thirst for new knowledge, and not material that is taught to us at school. Material that we'll never use in life. I really can't stress this enough (I've talked about this in my journal), but we live in age where literally everything revolves around technology. We should be taught how to use this new technology to our advantage, and not how to reduce a fraction. I realize that I was wrong about hackers; I thought that hackers were just a bunch of punks with no lives, sitting behind a screen all day. The knowledge that hackers have is something a majority of us will never possess. What's trippy about it is that they get judged so harshly by other people, when really, they're probably the most prepared for what the future has in store technology wise. Damn, I had trouble uploading a video to YouTube the other day. Something else that's trippy about these kids is that they learn a lot of information about computers and technology on their own. And what I hate now is that these kids' insatiable curiosity for learning more gets frowned upon, simply because they prefer learning what goes on inside a computer than learning what's inside a useless textbook. I applaud every single hacker out there, for they will always outsmart us and will continue to learn the secrets behind something most of us don't understand (and probably will never understand).

Sooooonnnnnggggg: Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquai

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fahrenheit 451: Questions I Should Be Able to Answer

What Am I Planning? 👀

An Appreciative Post