The LOL'ing Heart

Poetry isn't one of my favorite things in the world, honestly; I dislike reading it and I don't understand why. I comprehend poetry, but meh; it's just not my thing. Despite this, I enjoyed reading The Laughing Heart by Charles Bukowski. I like the overall message behind it; the poem gives hope to the reader. In my opinion, the poem is really simple when you don't know much about the author's life; Bukowski had a pretty rough life, and he found a way to get past all (maybe not all, but most) of his problems and write some pretty dope poems (my personal favorite is The Suicide Kid). The Laughing Heart talks about living life to the fullest, acknowledging the darkness (which could represent sadness), and finding light to beat the darkness. This is a poem that people should definitely take the time to read, because it is empowering. Many people get sucked into this hole of sadness and hopelessness, thinking that there's no way out, when that's absolutely not true. People will often say that they can't feel happy or that they can't feel better, which is also not true; they simply choose not to feel better. It shouldn't be like that for anyone. I've gone through a fair share of things in life and yes, EVERYTHING GETS BETTER. But it'll only get better if you let things get better and if you try to find the light to beat the darkness, and I think Bukowski does a great job at expressing this in The Laughing Heart.

Sooooonnnnnggggg: One Man Can Change The World by Big Sean ft. Kanye West, and John Legend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hug is Nearly a Gun Spelled Backwards

Fahrenheit 451: Questions I Should Be Able to Answer

Vocabulary #5