Vocabulary #6

1. meme: an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation
     Some of the most popular memes this year include the crying Michael Jordan meme, the Spongegar meme, and the blurry Mr. Krab meme.

2. virus: a type of malicious software program ("malware") that, when executed, replicates by reproducing itself (copying its own source code) or infecting other computer programs
     My tablet got a virus the other day as I was downloading a game, which caused my tablet to stop working for a week.

3. viral: relating to or involving an image, video, piece of information, etc., that is circulated rapidly and widely from one Internet user to another
     The Damn Daniel video went viral at the start of the year, but I haven't heard of it recently.

4. blog: web log
     There isn't anything I can really say about blogs... you're all reading one right now.

5. wiki: a website that allows collaborative editing of its content and structure by its users
     Dr. Preston's blog will soon turn into a wiki for our class.

6. URL: an acronym for Uniform Resource Locator and is a reference (an address) to a resource on the Internet
     Although I sent him the URL for the video we watched in class, he still couldn't find it.

7. website: a collection of related web pages, including multimedia content, typically identified with a common domain name, and published on at least one web server
     I visited her website a few times yesterday during class.

8. www: World Wide Web; a network of online content that is formatted in HTML and accessed via HTTP
     I use the World Wide Web on a daily basis to finish homework assignments.

9. Internet: global communication network that allows almost all computers worldwide to connect and exchange information
     We all use the internet every day, but none of us really know what it is.

10. 2.0: used to denote a superior or more advanced version of an original concept, product, service, etc.
     We use Web 2.0 whenever we go on social media websites and on YouTube.

11. open source: denoting software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified
     We learn through an open source learning network, which as a class we agree is better than learning the traditional way.


CRAZY THOUGHTS, YO: I find it so weird how often times we grow up listening to a song, yet we don't know who it's by or even the title of the song itself. That was the case with me earlier. Typically, when I do my homework, I listen to music. Today, I decided to listen to Selena Quintanilla; I thought to myself, "Hmm, I don't think I've ever heard one of her songs... let's listen to some of her songs and see whether I like them or not." I was shocked; I clicked on a few songs and I realized that I grew up listening to them. I grew up listening to Selena and I didn't even know it. An example would be the song La Carcacha, which I remember hearing at parties all the time as a kid. Every song I listened to brought back a fond memory, and I find it so crazy how it took me so long to figure out the titles of the songs and who they were by.
     In a nutshell, this was me earlier: "OH SHIT, THIS IS SELENA?!? I NEVER KNEW!!!"

Sooooonnnnnggggg: Bidi Bidi Bom Bom by... you guessed it... Selena Quintanilla. This song brought back so many memories because I absolutely loved it when I was younger, and I still do <3
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hug is Nearly a Gun Spelled Backwards

Fahrenheit 451: Questions I Should Be Able to Answer

Vocabulary #5