Your American Voice: An Open Letter

Hey!

     Right now, I don't know what is going on through your mind. You're probably wondering, "Hmm.. what will she blabber on about?" I'm asking myself that too, in a way. I'm kind of like a driver on a long road trip without a map; I know where I want to go with this topic, but I don't really know how to... get there? We'll see how many paragraphs it takes for me to get there :)))
     I'll start off with a simple fact: YOUR VOICE IS IMPORTANT. There are approximately 7 billion people on this planet, and though we may not all share similar physical features or personalities, the one thing that truly differentiates us from one another is our voice and our opinions. No two people will have the exact same ideas and opinions on a matter. The world is just a melting pot of different ideas and stuff, and what aggravates me at times is the fact that many of us don't contribute our ideas or express our thoughts. 
     Have you ever been in a situation where you thought or said to yourself, "Damn... I should've said something."? Yeah, same here, dude. I believe it is our responsibility to speak up when something ain't right. If something is a problem, speak up! What's the worst that'll happen? If you have something on your mind, let the world know about it! Now, this probably isn't the first time you've heard someone say that. Many of us believe that us speaking out about something won't make a difference or won't cause a change, but believe me, it will. Our voices will change the course of the future, so why not use them? Many of us should speak up for those who don't let their voices be heard. Nowadays, we as Americans see so much happening outside of our communities, things that must be addressed. We have platforms to let our voices be heard all over the world. Why not take advantage of that and use our voices to make a change? 
     Sadly, we're all constantly fighting fear. Fear of being judged, fear of feeling embarrassed, fear of being wrong. This is understandable, and I'm pretty sure you've been there before; I know I have. This is arguably what stops many of us from saying what's on our minds and it's something that might not ever go away for some of us. We live in a society where the voices of teenagers are seen as unimportant, and many of us are wired to believe that speaking up won't make a change. It's such a sad sight to see because we are truly brilliant people, and a lot of us don't see that because we live life with duct tape over our mouths and we refuse to open up that safe of thoughts in our minds. It really leaves me speechless. I want our generation to be one that changes the course of history, but how can we achieve that if we don't speak up?
     I guess what I'm trying to say is this; our voices are important. When given the opportunity to contribute your opinions and ideas, take advantage of it. When faced with a tough situation or a problem in life, speak up. We must lose that fear of speaking up. Why? Because we are the future. What we do will affect the course of history, and speaking up is a big part of that. Your voice is the one thing that's completely and totally unique to you, so don't be scared to be bold and speak up. Now, go get em', tiger; go out there and change the world with your words, ideas, and opinions. 

Sooooonnnnnggggg: Mo Money Mo Problems by Biggie Smalls (this song helped me deal with my writer's block when writing this post)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fahrenheit 451: Questions I Should Be Able to Answer

What Am I Planning? 👀

An Appreciative Post