My Mad Dream of an Essay

Remember that time you ate that spicy [cornucopia] just before you went to bed on the night before the big [Bernie Sanders rally]?  Oh, that weird dream you had about the 2016 presidential election.  When you woke up you couldn't quite remember the [fuzzy] details, but after reading "On Self-Reliance" and "A Sound of Thunder" it's all coming back to you now.

The dream started badly.  You were in line with your family at a [shopping mall] waiting to be sent to [the doctor].  Everywhere you looked there were posters of president-elect [Billus McMoike], looking like a crazy [sloth] who could eat a whole [palm tree].

Suddenly, there was Ralph Waldo Emerson telling you, "[That divided and rebel mind, that distrust of a sentiment because our arithmetic has computed the strength and means opposed to our purpose, these have not]."  You realized that you have something to contribute to the world so you decided to [rant].  But it wasn't easy.  First you had to put on a fancy [grass skirt] and [denim vest] and then you had make a [Pokeball] to go back in time to the [library] so you could convince people to learn about the candidates and the [foreign policy].

But right there in the [movie theater] there was a giant [Bulbasaur] and it started [sing] ing at everyone.  People started to [dance].  You grabbed a [coconut] from a nearby [The Weeknd] and yelled [I'M HUNGRY AND SICK AND I NEED CHOCOLATE].  Everyone stopped and listened, so you kept going.

(Mad Libs are fun :p)

THE SPEECH:

Ladies and gentlemen, boy and girls, we are gathered here today to discuss an indisputable fact: every action causes a chain reaction. Every action changes the future in ways we may not know. We live in an age when people underestimate themselves and doubt they can change the world and the future. Hell, by listening to me rant right now, you are changing the future. You are all postponing certain things, such as going home. What if on the way home, a huge meteor came and wiped y'all out, and by standing here, y'all are avoiding the meteor? In a way, I'm saving your lives right now! It's clear to see that every little thing we do changes everything. A story I read called A Sound of Thunder proves just that. The main character Eckels kills a butterfly when he travels back in time and as a result, when he goes back to the present, a tyrant is controlling the country. Also, by killing dinosaurs in the past, the characters in this story are killing off chickens, who evolve from these animals. This is HUUUGEE. You can go back in time and kill as many animals as you want or you can even kill as many animals as you want now, though I wouldn't recommend it, and it'd cause a change. By killing an animal, you are preventing it from mating and reproducing. By stopping that process, the species would slowly begin to die off and eventually, it'd become extinct. It's the snowball effect. Y'all are looking at me like I'm crazy, but TRUST ME! TRUST THE GIRL IN THE GRASS SKIRT AND DENIM VEST! Now, here's a crazy thought: the biggest thing we can do that'll impact the future is be self reliant and be ourselves..... hey, don't look at me like I'm insane! Listen up! A man named Ralph Waldo Emerson once said that imitation is suicide. That man must be a nonconformist. Look around you! We all wear similar clothes. We all talk the same, listen to the same music, walk the same.... we are clones of each other! We may say that we honestly like the trends on social media, and that we aren't imitating anyone. LIES! Behind the mask we put on to feel accepted by society, there is a rebellious heart screaming at the top of its lungs, "THIS ISN'T WHO I AM!" We are prisoners to these trends. They control our lives. As I was scrolling through social media this morning, I saw about 10 people wearing similar makeup looks and I felt the urge to do my makeup like that too. I saw about 20 people wearing similar outfits: the typical ripped jeans, Nike shoes, and a nude crop top. I also felt the urge to wear the same outfit. BUT NO! I stand before you on this cold ass day in a grass skirt and denim vest to tell you that being self reliant and doing YOU changes everything. By standing before you in this outfit, I am putting myself at risk, believe it or not. I see y'all with your phones out! I am bound to see videos of myself on Instagram and Snapchat later. I am committing what The Mean Girls would call social suicide by presenting myself like this. But you know what? I don't care! I am self reliant! What I do is all that must concern me. By standing here before you, I am showing you all that it's okay to be different. It's okay to stand out. I hope that I am inspiring the girl that is too scared to wear what she wants to do whatever the fuck she wants to. I hope that I am inspiring the boy that feels the need to play with trucks and action figures to fit in to do whatever the fuck he wants to. Because, my friends, this generation IS the future. What will the future be like if we're all clones of each other now? We are ROBOTS! Programmed to follow trends. Programmed to walk to the same beat. But NO! By being self reliant, we will create a society for future generations where people won't have to feel scared to do what they want. Where people won't feel the need to do what everyone else is doing. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is an indisputable fact.

Low key though, I'm still hungry and sick and I still want chocolate.

Sooooonnnnnggggg: D.A.N.C.E. by Justice. This has always been one of my favorite songs <3 An amazing song that samples D.A.N.C.E. is The Spotlight by Logic. I highly recommend both :)




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fahrenheit 451: Questions I Should Be Able to Answer

"Immigrants in our own Land": An Analysis

F451 Essay: UGH!