The Great Gatsby Chapter 3 Remix
I'm a confused soul. I feel like everyone around me gets the book so far I'm over here like..... huh?
So for my remix, I wanna ask some questions. And perhaps get everyone else's opinions, so that I can understand the book a little bit more. Here are my questions:
- Why isn't Gatsby really present at the party? And if he's shy, why throw a party in the first place?
- Why do people just show up at parties they aren't even invited to? Do they even know Gatsby?
- Why invite Nick to the party, if Nick is in a lower social class?
- Why do the chicks at the party start fighting with their husbands all of a sudden?
- Is the car accident significant to the plot of the story or is it just some random event?
- Why is Nick denying he likes Jordan? It's really clear....
"Lesley, I swear, I bet everyone in class likes Nick, but OF COURSE YOU DON'T. Everyone sees the problem with Tom and Myrtle but you don't. It's like... what the fuck, Lesley?" - Ale, when I told her I didn't like Nick.