The Great Gatsby Chapter 3 Remix

I'm a confused soul. I feel like everyone around me gets the book so far I'm over here like..... huh?


So for my remix, I wanna ask some questions. And perhaps get everyone else's opinions, so that I can understand the book a little bit more. Here are my questions:

  1. Why isn't Gatsby really present at the party? And if he's shy, why throw a party in the first place?
  2. Why do people just show up at parties they aren't even invited to? Do they even know Gatsby?
  3. Why invite Nick to the party, if Nick is in a lower social class?
  4. Why do the chicks at the party start fighting with their husbands all of a sudden?
  5. Is the car accident significant to the plot of the story or is it just some random event?
  6. Why is Nick denying he likes Jordan? It's really clear....
"Lesley, I swear, I bet everyone in class likes Nick, but OF COURSE YOU DON'T. Everyone sees the problem with Tom and Myrtle but you don't. It's like... what the fuck, Lesley?" - Ale, when I told her I didn't like Nick.


Comments

  1. 3. MAYBE GATSBY IS NOT A TOTAL DOUCHE AND WANTS TO MEET HIS NEIGHBORS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but I mean... keep in mind a lot of the people there are just there because there's a party, and if Gatsby truly wanted to meet his neighbors, why isn't he really present at the party?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Hug is Nearly a Gun Spelled Backwards

Fahrenheit 451: Questions I Should Be Able to Answer

Vocabulary #5