The Great Gatsby: Chapters 5-7 in a Nutshell


Kim is me right now. I went from being super confused to being super shook.

I feel like so much has happened in these past two chapters that I don't even know where to begin with these notes.

CHAPTER 5
Okay, so this is the chapter where Daisy and Gatsby meet again, after ages of not seeing each other. On the big day, Gatsby is nervous AF. Of course, Nick is there when Daisy goes to Gatsby's house and Daisy is shook. She is, like, in love with the house. Her, Nick, and Gatsby start looking around the house and it's clear that Gatsby wants to impress Daisy. I mean, from what I remember, that's about all that happened. Of course, there were some conversations here and there amongst them, but who has time to remember specific details?

CHAPTER 6
TURNS OUT THAT GATSBY IS A LIAR


Gatsby lied about his past and his name. Jay Gatsby = James Gatz. He grew up poor. He met a man named Dan Cody and that would change Gatsby's life. Things also start getting a little heated between Tom and Gatsby...

CHAPTER 7

SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK. Here's where everything gets intense. So, the whole squad (Gatsby, Daisy, Tom, Jordan, and Nick) meet up and head to town. Tom and Jordan are in one car, and Tom's mistress sees them and mistakes Jordan for Daisy, Tom's wife. Oops. The most important part of the chapter, however, happens when Gatsby tells Tom TO HIS FACE that Daisy doesn't love him and she never did. DAMN BOI. He also makes things worse by saying that Daisy is in love with Gatsby. BOI BOI BOI.

I don't know how to end this post. Barnacles.

Sooooonnnnnggggg: Strong as an Oak by Watsky cx I had this song stuck in my head as I was writing cx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fahrenheit 451: Questions I Should Be Able to Answer

"Immigrants in our own Land": An Analysis

F451 Essay: UGH!