Self Investments

I'm writing this with a smile on my face. Why? Because I just finished dancing for about an hour and I'm drinking Starbucks. This is my third post in one day, but I felt compelled to write this because this is something we as students forget.

LIFE DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND GRADES. Grades are nothing but letters on a paper; they aren't a measurement of intelligence. It is important to realize that now before it's too late. We're young. Ain't nobody got time to be stressing about the little things in life like homework. It is important to set apart time to ourselves. As of right now, I haven't started my homework. I know I'll find a way to finish it, but I haven't started it yet because I wanted to dance. And I did. There is something very satisfying about setting apart time to do things you like to do. For the longest time, I let school take up a majority of my time. I would spend every waking hour thinking about my next exam, my next assignment... and that is paralyzing. People would ask me what my hobbies were and I didn't know how to answer. I didn't do anything that wasn't connected to my education in one way or another. That sucks. This year, I learned to really set aside time to do things I like to do. For me, I set apart time to dance. I am the worst dancer you'll ever meet, but I enjoy it, so therefore I do it. Slowly, I began spending more time relaxing, dancing, and really making sure I wasn't stressed out. I'm at a point now where I see that my grades don't define me. I am a person of many interests, but I let my grades define me all my life. I am much more than a letter on a paper. I set apart time to do what I love and escape school for a second. I think it's something everyone should do because forgetting your responsibilities for a while is one of the most amazing feelings ever.

I'm almost at my 100th post! Is there anything y'all wanna see me post?

Sooooonnnnnggggg: Fake I.D. by Big and Rich; this is a very fun song to dance to :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fahrenheit 451: Questions I Should Be Able to Answer

A Hug is Nearly a Gun Spelled Backwards

Vocabulary #5